Published: Wed, 10/03/12
Eric Peterson joins me this week to talk about the Better Statistics module and what kind of data you can collect about your site and your visitors.
- What kind of statistics are we talking about here?
- Does this compare to Google Analytics?
- Why make the module in the first place?
- What is the Statistics API?
- How can developers use the API?
- Is there documentation?
- What kind of data can be collected about users?:
- What data is collected on the page request:
- How long did Views take to generate/execute/theme queries?
- What entity/node was loaded?
Questions from Twitter
- What performance considerations/issues exist with Better Statistics? #drupal #MUP040
- Specifically, Google Analytics uses a JS callback as opposed to this more server-side model. #MUP040 #drupal
- Would you consider support for a "slave" database of sorts (for stats only)? Would that address performance issues? #MUP040 #drupal