Published: Thu, 03/21/13
- When I asked you to come on the show, you replied by saying that Mass Contact was never meant to be a newsletter module. So, can you explain exactly what Mass Contact is, how does it works, and how it should be used?
- What are some of the features?
- You can send a message to one or more categories of users, which are specified by role.
- Large recipient lists may be broken up into smaller chunks.
- The site administrator can control how many messages are allowed to be sent by a single person in an hour.
- The message may be sent such that the recipients' e-mail addresses are hidden from each other.
- The message may be sent as plain text or HTML, even specifying the input format filter to use. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The message may include one or more binary file attachments. (The Drupal 7 version requires the Mime Mail module.)
- The site administrator may specify different texts to be placed at the beginning and/or the end of every message that is sent out.
- A copy of the message may be saved as a node.
- Users may opt-out, by category, of receiving mass mailings on their account settings page.
- Can users subscribe/unsubscribe?
- What is the documentation like? Are there screencasts?
- What is an appropriate use for this module?