Published: Wed, 07/04/12
This week Jeff Hanbury joins me to talk about the Livethemer project. A pretty sweet way to do Drupal theming. Here's the outline
- What is Livethemer?
- Why did you guys feel the need to create Livethemer?
- How is this different from traditional theming?
- How is traditional Drupal theming done?
- How does livethemer work?
- How does this affect performance
- How can it be extended?
- There are variations, collections and resources. What are those?
- When would you recommend this over traditional theming?
- When would you recommend traditional theming over Livethemer?
- Is this something you’re comfortable with giving to clients?
Questions from Twitter
- Tony Groff (@TGroff): I'd really just like to know more about their design process - #drupal never looked so good as @marmaladesoul sites, wow!
- Do they start all sites with an in-house @livethemer distribution? Do they use style-tiles/mood boards?
- Also interested if they design in-the-browser/Photoshop/Fireworks? Other #drupal design tool recommendations?thx!