Hi and welcome to another video series with Modules Unraveled. My name is Brian Lewis, and in this series, I’m going to be showing you how to setup a podcast on your Drupal 7 site.
Some of the things I’m going to be showing you are:
* What modules you’ll need to install
* How to configure the site appropriately
* We’ll walk through creating the content type
* I’ll even show you how to manage the display for your default, teaser and RSS feeds
* We’ll actually create a couple of podcast episodes so that you can see exactly what this will look like
* I’ll demonstrate the on-site player, as well as the download link that you can create
* We’ll create a view for our podcast that will include a page we can list the teasers of our episodes
* We will also create a feed for a podcast that you can send to iTunes or send to a free service called FeedBurner for some enhancement
* We’ll test our podcast in iTunes to see what it will look like when people subscribe.
So to recap, we’ll have a page with our podcast episodes, each episode will have a player and download link for that specific episode, and the iTunes feed will be automatically updated. I’ll even demonstrate how you can use the free service FeedBurner to enhance your podcast feed and include some iTunes requirements. I’ll show you where to go if you’re having trouble with your FeedBurner account. And I even use the Modules Unraveled Podcast as an example to show you what kind of statistics you can get from your podcast. Including downloads, what software subscribers are using to get your feed, physical locations of your subscribers, and what your podcast is doing over time.
I think you’ll get a lot out of this video series if you’re interested in setting up a podcast on a Drupal 7 site.