In this video, I will show you how to create a search server using the Apache Solr service.
- Go to "Configuration = > Search and Metadata => Search API => Add server" (admin/config/search/search_api/add_server)
- Server name: Apache Solr Search Server
- [x] Enabled
- Server description: Search using Apache Solr search server.
- Service class: Solr service (This will reveal additional options that are used to configure access to the Solr server.)
- Solr Service
- HTTP protocol: http (If your server uses SSL, then you'd select https
- Solr host: localhost (If your Solr Server is on a different machine, you'd enter the ip or host name for that machine)
- Solr port: 8983 (This is the port that Solr is running on.)
- Solr path: /solr (The path where Solr can be found.)
- Basic HTTP authentication (If your Solr server is protected by basic HTTP authentication, enter the username and password here.)
- [ ] Return an excerpt for all results (When enabled, search excerpts will be created by Solr for all results.)
- [ ] Retrieve result data from Solr (When enabled, search results will be retrieved directly from Solr instead of loading it from the database)
- HTTP method: AUTO (This option determines the HTTP method used for sending search queries to the Solr server. AUTO is recommended.)
- Solr Service
All of the default values work for my setup, so I won't change any of them.
- (Create Server)
You can see that Solr is running by loading http://yoursite:8983/solr/# in your web browser.
Now that we have our Solr server setup, in the next video, I will show you how to create a Search Index.