Published: Wed, 11/21/12
This week Ezra Gildesgame talks about the Drupal Commons Distribution, what it is and the status of the Drupal 7 version.
- What is Drupal Commons?
- What do you mean by “social business software solution for organizations”?
- What features does Commons come with? (What modules provide those features?)
- Is there a place that lists the available features?
- What’s the status of a Drupal 7 version?
- How does Acquia make money from Commons?
- Gets folks to consider Drupal where they might not have otherwise - specific sales situations or advancing Drupal in general
- Network subscriptions
- PS engagements to partners
- What are the plans for Commons after the initial release?
- Network services
- Feature additions
- How can people get involved in working on Commons?
- Can you name a few medium or high profile sites that are built off of Commons? (Either D6 or D7 is fine.)
How can people help?
- If people want to get involved, where do you need help right now?
- How can we try out the Drupal 7 version of Commons?
Questions from Twitter
- Laughing Bird Ltd (@laughingbird1): Hi @ModsUnraveled @ezrabg @drupalcommons I need to understand if drupal / Acquia Drupal can work on local PC with Windiows 8. Thanks.
- Donna Benjamin (@kattekrab): Can you also give us a quick update on the Conference Organising Distro?#MUP047
- Nitin Mudgal (@nmudgal): Any thoughts/plans of VOIP integration with @drupalcommons in its core like for updating content? #MUP047