Published: Wed, 11/13/13
Drupal Global Sprint Weekend
- What is the Global Sprint Weekend all about?
- When is it? Where is it?
- January 25, 2014 and January 26, 2014: groups.drupal.org/node/332998
- Oak Park Sunday Jan 26
- Manchester, UK, January 25th, 2014, added by mikebell_
- We’ve had these before, so how did 2013 go?
- March 2013 groups.drupal.org/node/277768
- more than 33 locations around the world.
- gabor held one in budepest hungary
- jenlampton, steveoliver, joelpittet did multiple locations for twig in CA
- at Promet in Chicago
- stevepurkiss in brighton England
- comm-press had a two day sprint in Hamburg Germany, Wunderkraut in Munich
- Australia with Adam Malone, PreviousNext in Sydney
- Shyamala really made an impression on me, organized one in India
- Oak Park where I met Will Long from Fox Valley, David Snopek, and Crell came! We had 12 people in total, and ranging in age from 10 years old to 60, almost half female. Manning Pete came, and is now a reliable regular at our monthly sprint.
- How do new locations for Jan 2014 become official?
- What qualifications does someone need to decide to hold a local sprint?
- What are the most important things to plan for?
- What resources are available to help? money, support…?
- What is it like at a in-person sprint?
- What are the long-term benefits?
- What can people do if there isn’t an in-person sprint near them?
- Are there any other global sprint days going on that you’re not organizing?
- Friday Nov 15, not a sprint, but it is the next Global Training Day. Drupal Global Training Days is an initiative by the Drupal Association to introduce new and beginning users to Drupal. Trainings on Global Training day are free or low cost training events around the world with one of two curriculums: "Introduction to Drupal," and "What is Drupal?"
- There is another global community day coming up Nov 19 2013 that I read about on the Top Shelf Modules blog
Questions from Twitter
- Damien McKenna
With so many of the community leads pulled into D8, and so much community emphasis on D8, do you feel the community is failing D7?
- further detail - there are lots of D7 modules/core issues that need work but aren't getting it because of effort on D8. Thoughts?
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)