Published: Wed, 03/12/14
Drupal Core Mentoring
- For someone who’s not familiar with it, what is it? Or how would you describe core mentoring?
- How long have you been taking part in core mentoring?
- Do you remember what your first experience was like? Was it scary?
- What are some of the way’s you’ve helped in core mentoring?
Questions from Twitter
- Cathy Theys
- After contributing once, what made him keep goin?
- Has he ever done something that didn’t get feedback, reviews or moved forward in some way?
- How did he deal with that practically to get it moving, or mentally to not get him down.
- What would he say to people who were frustrated by trying to help?
- What are his goals?
- What improvements to d.o would make it easier for him in his daily (or weekly) contributing tasks?
- How much time per week does he estimate is on contributing?
- Is it interest driven, or a byproduct of projects at work or contracts?
- What ways does Marc contribute beyond writing patches?
- Is Marc happy with the amount of contributing he does? If not, what barriers does he face?
- Lots of people share that feeling: of wanting to do more, and see things fixed. Why? Is it that much fun? Addictive?
- Do you have anything you’d like to say to someone who’s heard of core mentoring but not gotten involved?
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)