The HybridAuth Social Login module integrates the HybridAuth library with Drupal which allows your users to login and register using popular social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others. In this video, I will show you how to install the HybridAuth Social Login module and its dependencies, including the HybridAuth Library.
Next, let's install the HybridAuth Library.
Install HybridAuth library
- Download the latest release of HybridAuth from Github. (I'm using v2.2.2 because 2.1.2 has conflict issues with modules that use OAuth, like the Twitter module, which I'll install later to show tweets on our site, and publish tweets from our site.)
- Unzip the file
- Copy the "hybridauth" directory inside the extracted folder to "site/all/libraries"
- Clear the cache
- Go to "Configuration => Development => Performance" (admin/config/development/performance)
- Clear cache
- (Clear all caches)
- Go to "Modules" (admin/modules) and enable:
- Chaos tools
- (Save configuration)
And finally, to confirm that the HybridAuth library is installed correctly:
- Go to "Reports => Status report" (admin/reports/status)
- The row for "HybridAuth library" should be green. If it is red, the plugin is not properly installed.
In the next video, we will configure the general Hybridauth settings that will be used by all of the authentication providers.