CiviCRM | Modules Unraveled
- What do you see as the benefit of using an external service like CiviCRM as compared to a “Drupal” specific setup like using Simplenews or Message notify?
- And for the sake of argument, what would you see as a benefit of using a “Drupal” setup over an external service?
- How much integration is there between Drupal and CiviCRM?
- Can you create new lists from the Drupal interface?
- Can you create the newsletters in the Drupal interface?
- How does it deal with images in a newsletter?
- How can you add site content into a newsletter?
- Can you setup autoresponders?
- Can you setup split tests?
- Are there any analytics included?
- How do users subscribe and unsubscribe from a newsletter?
This week I talk with Jeff Linwood about his work on a Drupal plugin for PhoneGap that lets you easily build native mobile apps with Drupal. Jeff will be co-presenting at DrupalCon Denver 2012 with Fabian Franz (Fabianx) on the topic of building mobile apps with Drupal and PhoneGap. You can find out more about their talk "Auto Generate your Mobile Drupal app Using PhoneGap" on the DrupalCon website.
We also recorded a screencast to show you how to use PhoneGap to build an app using Drupal. So, be sure to check that out too!
If you have any questions about the show or PhoneGap you can contact Jeff at his website jefflinwood.com, or post in the comments below.
UPDATE: Jeff and I have decided to put on a FREE live webinar about PhoneGap. If you'd be interested in that, get on the mailing list to receive updates as they are made available.