This video shows how to use a directory on your server as a backup directory.
Adding Additional Destinations
There are five ways to backup your database that come with the Backup and Migrate module. There are also plenty of contributed modules that extend Backup and Migrate which add their own destinations. First, we’re going to take a look at the ones that come with the Backup and Migrate module, then we’ll also look at the NodeSquirrel contrib module.
- Go to "Configuration => System => Backup and Migrate => Destinations" (admin/config/system/backup_migrate/destination)
- Click "Add Destination"
Here we see the available destinations.
Choosing "Server Directory" will allow you to specify a path on your server where you'd like the backups to be stored. This will look very familiar, as it is the default method used for the Manual and Scheduled backups.
Let's go ahead and create a destination for Weekly Onsite Backups
- Destination name: Weekly Onsite Backups
- Directory path: /Users/ModulesUnraveled/Sites/WeeklyOnsiteBackups
- (Save destination)
Finally, let's test the backup.
* Go to "Configuration => System => Backup and Migrate" (admin/config/system/backup_migrate)
* Backup to "Weekly Onsite Backups"
* Click "Backup now"
Now, we can check the backup folder, and see that the backup has performed successfully!
You can also go to the "Destinations" tab on your site (admin/config/system/backup_migrate/destination) and click "list files" next to "Weekly Onsite Backups" to view the backups saved to that location.