036 Sam Richard and the Aurora Base Theme - Modules Unraveled Podcast
- What’s the backstory behind Aurora?
- What did you see missing from other base themes that made you decide to create another?
- Aurora has awesome documentation! The download includes a pdf, and you’ve also put it out as a free ebook in the iBookstore. You’ve got to be the first theme developer to do that. What made you decide to do it?
- There’s some installation on the development machine that needs to be done in order to use Aurora. Can you go over what some of those requirements are?
- Ok, so what would you consider Aurora’s best feature? Or what makes it stand out from the rest?
- The project page says Aurora has a companion module suite called Borealis? What is that?
Questions from Twitter
- Paul Johnson (@pdjohnson) wants to know:
- Why would someone choose Aurora over Omega?
- Do I need to be more of a Techy themer to use it?
- What is the learning curve like?
- Tony Groff (@tgroff) had a few questions:
- Why is the project page dated March 16, 2007? The SASS theme hasn't been around that long. If he acquired the d.o/project namespace from a previous person, can he talk a little about that transition process of taking over the name?
- What is the Borealis Suite? Should I always be using Borealis with the Aurora theme?
- Please explain more about SASS "partials" and CSS abstraction. Is it the best practice to declare the .block-header class in both the _layout.scss partial, and the _design.scss partial?
- Talk about his involvement with - drupal.org/project/html5 ?