Published: Wed, 11/06/13
- What is ELMS?
- So why Drupal or more importantly, why not Moodle?
- Is there a Paas option to use ELMS?
- How long has this been around?
- Is it a project? or a distribution?
- Before we started recording, you mentioned the ELMS style guide. What is that?
- What was the D6 functionality?
- How has the functionality changed in D7?
- Why go the route of 10 different distributions instead of one?
- How do they all work together? Can they share content or functionality?
- What are the D7 distributions?
- ELMS: Course Information System
- ELMS: Massively Open Online Course (MOOC)
- ELMS: Collaborative learning
- ELMS: Media
- Ulmus Distribution (base distribution)
- Planned for the future
- ELMS: ICOR Distribution
- ELMS: LAR Distribution
- ELMS: CIS Compliance
- ELMS: CIS Helpdesk
- ELMS: Case based learning distro
- How did you get it to be accepted by the university? Especially with the GPL license?
- You mentioned that your are able to contribute back to Drupal in a way that is a bit different from most universities. Do you want to explain that a little bit?
- Why work directly in Education?
- Is this targeted primarily at Universities or K-12 districts?
- Do you know of any, or have a list of schools using it now?
- What’s in the pipeline for future development/functionality?
Questions from Twitter
- Eric Aitala
What are your thoughts about MOOCs and their relevance in HigherEd?
- Rachel Lawson
Interested in plans. Just about to migrate a site to d7 for Cardiff University Hospital that has CPD work on it... (Continuing Professional Development)
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)