Published: Wed, 01/01/14
- Before we jump into it, I want to get a little background on Headscape, so that people know where you’re coming from. What kind of sites do Headscape typically work on?
- How big is Headscape?
- What other technologies do you guys build with?
- What was the driving factor behind going open source?
- What’s your role at Headscape? What do you do day-to-day?
- Paul and Marcus mentioned on the Boagworld Podcast that Headscape has put out a couple of Drupal sites recently. Which ones are those?
- Since you guys aren’t a Drupal-only shop, why was Drupal the right choice for these projects?
- Are you contributing anything back to Drupal.org?
- What problems have you encountered using Drupal?
- How did using Drupal make the development process easier or harder?
- Where do you guys host your sites?
Questions from Twitter
- Ted Bowman
What type of projects or project aspects will make you choose another system besides Drupal? What make you choose WP? Custom Coded?
Could you ask if Ian sees wordpress as inferior / used for different types of projects than drupal.
Why not use drupal for all projects and drop wordpress / custom builds
Would be interested to know what drupal version they use and when they will consider 8 - 12 months or longer
Would be interested to know about their development process from dev to live
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)