Multisite | Modules Unraveled
*First off, what is Pantheon One? Give us the elevator pitch.
* Product Overview: Pantheon One - What does it do, why it is good, who is it good for
* You guys have built custom distributions into this? How does that work?
* Custom Distributions: How it is easy to make your own custom distribution and use it with Pantheon One
* What’s the reason for Pantheon One?
* Industry Trend: Organizations don't just need one website, they need many websites.
* Why not just use Multisite?
* Technical Discussion: Drupal Multisite vs Git Upstreams
* Who is the target audience for this?
* Universities and other organizations with many sites
Pantheon One in the Wild
- Is anyone already using Pantheon One?
- Case Examples: UC Berkeley, ASU, Cornell - How these universities use Pantheon One to manage their custom distributions which power campus wide websites.
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)
Robert Douglass joins me this week to talk about the upcoming 2.0 release of Commerce Kickstart.
- Kickstart is built off of Drupal Commerce. Most of my listeners will have at least heard of Drupal Commerce, but just in case, can you give us a very brief overview of what Drupal Commerce is?
- What is Commerce Kickstart?
- As of this recording, Kickstart 2.0 is in alpha3, when do you expect a stable release?
- What are some of the release blockers?
- Will some of the customizations be available to pre-existing sites? (ie, the theme)
- Should you only use it for testing/experimenting? Or is it production ready?
- Do you know of any live sites that are built off of Commerce Kickstart?
- Do you think there will be a distribution for digital goods?
Questions from Twitter
- A friend of mine has been checking out Drupal Commerce lately, and has been pretty frustrated with it. He’s coming from Ubercart in Drupal 6, and his main issue is that it’s a “NASCAR” of a project, and not an everyday driver. Can you comment on that? In his opinion, you need to know how to tune it properly before you can drive it.