Published: Fri, 03/01/13
- First-off, we’re going to be talking about both the MailChimp and Mandrill modules. So, before we get into the modules, can you explain the difference between the two services?
- Unique relationship with MailChimp and how they’re sponsoring development, etc.
- What do you see as the benefit of using an external service like MailChimp as compared to a “Drupal” specific setup like using Simplenews or Message notify?
- And for the sake of argument, what would you see as a benefit of using a “Drupal” setup over an external service?
- How much integration is there between the module and the service?
- Can you create new lists from the Drupal interface? How many lists?
- Can you create the newsletters in the Drupal interface?
- How do you work with templates? Do you configure them on the MailChimp side, and then select them in the Drupal interface?
- MailChimp has a “drag and drop editor”, is that functionality carried over to the Drupal interface?
- How do you include site content?
- How does it deal with images in a newsletter?
- How can you add site content into a newsletter?
- Can you setup autoresponders?
- Can you setup split tests in the Drupal interface?
- LT: MailChimp handles this with it’s email optimizer
- Can you view reports and analytics in Drupal?
- How do users subscribe and unsubscribe from a newsletter?
- What is Mandrill?
- How does the Module integrate with the service?
- When would you use both?
- Documentation? Screencasts?