Higher Ed | Modules Unraveled
- What is ELMS?
- So why Drupal or more importantly, why not Moodle?
- Is there a Paas option to use ELMS?
- How long has this been around?
- Is it a project? or a distribution?
- Before we started recording, you mentioned the ELMS style guide. What is that?
- What was the D6 functionality?
- How has the functionality changed in D7?
- Why go the route of 10 different distributions instead of one?
- How do they all work together? Can they share content or functionality?
- What are the D7 distributions?
- ELMS: Course Information System
- ELMS: Massively Open Online Course (MOOC)
- ELMS: Collaborative learning
- ELMS: Media
- Ulmus Distribution (base distribution)
- Planned for the future
- ELMS: ICOR Distribution
- ELMS: LAR Distribution
- ELMS: CIS Compliance
- ELMS: CIS Helpdesk
- ELMS: Case based learning distro
- How did you get it to be accepted by the university? Especially with the GPL license?
- You mentioned that your are able to contribute back to Drupal in a way that is a bit different from most universities. Do you want to explain that a little bit?
- Why work directly in Education?
- Is this targeted primarily at Universities or K-12 districts?
- Do you know of any, or have a list of schools using it now?
- What’s in the pipeline for future development/functionality?
Questions from Twitter
- Eric Aitala
What are your thoughts about MOOCs and their relevance in HigherEd?
- Rachel Lawson
Interested in plans. Just about to migrate a site to d7 for Cardiff University Hospital that has CPD work on it... (Continuing Professional Development)
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)
This week Nedjo Rogers and Rosemary Mann join me to talk about their Open Outreach distribution.
Here's what we talked about
- What is open outreach?
- Why did you decide to create Open Outreach? (was it a personal need? client need?)
- What does Open Outreach do?
- What are some of the features included?
- Are these using the apps model or another?
- Who is contributing to Open Outreach?
- How can groups get Open Outreach?
- Who is Open Outreach aimed at?
- What are some current projects and focuses?
What’s in the future?
- CRM functionality
- Compare External (CiviCRM) and internal (custom)
Questions from Twitter:
- @tgroff: What are the benefits/differences between using http://drupal.org/project/debut_member vs. CiviCRM roles sync?
- @tgroff: Does http://drupal.org/project/debut_member provide membership renewal, expiration, or renewal reminders?
- @tgroff: Mostly like to know more about the "debut" modules. ex: can I just install http://drupal.org/project/debut_bio on any site and use it? etc