frontend | Modules Unraveled
- What are some of the APIs that have changed from D7 to D8?
- Reduce use of jQuery
- PHP API changes
- Declare script dependencies in Yaml file
- Removing drupal_add_js and drupal_add_css in favor of attachments
- Can’t add scripts/css/js in .info files
- api.drupal.org only covers php documentation
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)
- What is Tasty backend?
- Why did you create this project?
- What are some of the features that come out of the box when you install the module?
- Do recommend people actually use the module? Or just base their installation off of it?
- Who can benefit the most from a setup like the one that comes with Tasty Backend?
Translation as it is in Drupal 7
- How has translation been done (in Drupal) in the past?
- Why Entity Translation? What holes does it fill?
- The second beta of Entity Translation was just released at the end of November, what kinds of updates were included with that?
- What’s left to do before a 1.0 release?
- Roadmap in the issue queue: http://drupal.org/node/1624830
- Does ET integrate/use TMGMT? (Translation Management Tool)
Entity Translation in Drupal 8
- Entity Translation has been committed to Drupal 8 core! Congratulations! When did that happen?
- How will translations be handled in Drupal 8?
- Before we started recording you mentioned some other entity related aspects you ran into while getting ET into D8. Would you mind talking about some of those?
Questions from Twitter
- Transition (@Transition) - @ModsUnraveled how's support for CJKV languages? Chinese characters and such.
- Is there somewhere people can go to find out more about unicode in Drupal 8? http://hojtsy.hu/d8mi
- Cathy YesCT (@ctheys) - Could it be said Entity Translation is a culmination of X months/years of work? #MUP049 #drupal #d8mi
- Started Feb 2009
- Thomas Svenson (@tsvenson) - Will revisioning & staging work on translations too? With WB Moderate only the original content is staged, not the translations. #MUP049
This week I talk with Gábor Hojtsy about the Multilingual Initiative for Drupal 8.
Questions he answers
- For those who’ve not heard of the Multilingual Initiative, can you tell us what it is and what it will accomplish?
- Is it just a way to translate text on a page? Can’t Google do that?
- What have you accomplished so far?
- How do you manage all these tasks?
- What are the big things still to be worked on?