Color Coding Events on the Calendar
In the first video of this series we created taxonomy terms to categorized our events. In this video, we'll assign a color to each of those taxonomy terms and use those to color code events on our calendar.
What is the Membership Entity module?
First membership site developed was Mercedes-Benz Club of America (http://www.mbca.org).
Involved a bunch of custom code.
Multiple users per membership (primary and secondary)
Membership terms and modifiers
E-Commerce solutions (coming soon)
Commerce integration (Caleb)
Ubercart integration (Bryan)
Using product attributes to store membership data.
Investigating better ways to store data before official release.
Do you handle pro-rated renewals?
- How are you guys dealing with role based permissions, and time limited access?
- Are there different levels of membership?
- Do you deal with CC details?
- What other solutions did you guys look at before creating this one?
- Why not just use profile2/rules/civiCRM or other existing modules?
The big problem with Profile2 is that it only allows one user per profile. Some fields should be shared for all users that belong to a single membership.
Membership Entity includes rules integration.
Membership Entity is 100% Drupal. No third party integration required.
- Do you guys have any sites currently running the Membership Entity module?
(David) - Joined the team after much of the development of the module was already done, so had the perspective of a developer on the outside, learning what the module provides and how to extend it. Being built around the Entity API made creating Views-based reports very simple, as most of the membership data that I needed to display was already exposed. For any that wasn’t, the extensible nature of the module (via things like all of the provided custom hooks) made the process of developing additional custom entities derived from membership meta-data rather straightforward.
(Bryan) - Drop in solution for simple membership sites (CEMA).
No custom code required.
Membership process working in less than an hour.
Integrated with Ubercart (Module coming soon).
Searching for Content Based on Location with Search API Location
The Search API Location module adds support for indexing location values provided by the Geofield module and subsequently filtering or sorting on them, provided the service class supports this. Currently, only the Search API Solr module is known to support this feature.
Acquia Certification Program
- First off, what is the Acquia Certification Program?
- Who was involved in developing the curriculum?
- I took a quick look, and it seems that there are four parts to the test. Are those taken individually? Or all together? (And what are the sections?)
- Will this accurately assess front-end developers? Or Backend/Sitebuilders.
- What about specialists?
- How is the exam administered?
- Where can people take the test?
- There has been talk about certifications in the past. Some have been for it, and some have been opposed. What kind of feedback have you received so far?
- Will you be updating the program regularly? Absolutely
- Will there be a D7 version and a D8 version? It will depend on the exam and the need s of the role we are validating
- Should other certification programs be developed?
Questions from Twitter
- Tanay Sai
Any plans to launch further specialization/levels? Like for Architects, themers, Drupal PMs etc? Yest, the Front end and Back end specialist exams are on the current roadmap. Other are in pre-planning stages.
Creating a More Flexible Search Page Using Search Views
The Search Views module is distributed with the Search API module. This module integrates the Search API module with the Views module and gives us the ability to use the power of Views for filtering, sorting and most importantly displaying search results.
- What is Zariz?
- How did this come about?
- How does it help content creators?
- How is this different from Workbench Moderation, and the default revisioning system?
- You mentioned that it duplicates nodes, how do the URLs stay in tact?
- Talk a bit about how you can create static site from a Drupal site.
- Content staging
- Static site generation
- What about authenticated users?
- How does this help performance and scalability?
Questions from Twitter
Is Zariz an alternative to drupal.org/project/sps?
Screencast demo starts at about 40:23
Using the Default Database as the Search Server
The Search API Database Search module provides a database backend for Search API. It uses database tables for indexing content. In this video, I will show you how to install and enable Search API Database Search and how to create a new server using the database service.
- What is ERPAL?
- Why did you guys at Bright Solutions decide to build ERPAL? What did you need that wasn’t already available?
- What are some of the features of the distro?
- CRM (contact and activity management)
- Project management (timetracking, payments, agil and fixed price, expenses, gantt charts, requirement management) with Freelancer support
- Document management and document creation
- Contract management with reccuring invoices
- Employee management (over hours, holidays, costs)
- Invoice creation and PDF export
- Tell me about the mobile app.
- I noticed that there are some addon modules listed on the project page. Did you want to mention some of those?
- ERPAL Task Templates
- ERPAL Repeatable Tasks
- ERPAL Project Reports
- ERPAL CRM Reports
- ERPAL Contacts Importer
- ERPAL GIT integration
- Is this basically Basecamp built with Drupal?
- What features do they have in common?
- What does ERPAL have that Basecamp doesn’t?
- Do you know of anybody using ERPAL right now?
- Who should use this?
- Large companies?
- Solo developers?
- What’s the development status of ERPAL?
- What’s in the future for ERPAL? What still needs to be done before a 1.0 release can be released?
- How does Drupal benefit from something like ERPAL?
Have you heard of/used NodeSquirrel?
Use "StartToGrow" it's a 12-month free upgrade from the Start plan to the Grow plan. So, using it means that the Grow plan will cost $5/month for the first year instead of $10. (10 GB storage on up to 5 sites)
Last week the first videos of the Search API Series were released!
The into video gives an overview of what will be covered in this series. If you're just curious about what you can do with Search API, check this one out.