In this video, I will show you how to install the FullCalendar module and its dependencies, including the FullCalendar jQuery plugin.
Next, let's install the FullCalendar jQuery plugin.
Install FullCalendar jQuery plugin
- Download the latest version of FullCalendar jQuery plugin
- Unzip the file and rename it to "fullcalendar"
- Copy the file from the "fullCalendar/fullCalendar" directory to "site/all/libraries" (so that "sites/all/libraries/fullcalendar/fullcalendar.min.js" exists. The unzipped file contains demos and jQuery directories, do not include these directories.)
- Clear the cache (This is necessary because libraries are cached, and you may encounter errors if the cached is not updated.)
- Go to "Configuration => Development => Performance" (admin/config/development/performance)
- Clear cache
- (Clear all caches)
- Go to "Modules" (admin/modules) and enable:
- Chaos tools
- Date All Day
- Date API
- Date Popup
- Date Repeat API
- Date Repeat Field
- Date Views
- Views UI
- (Save configuration)
Once the Date module has been enabled, you'll be reminded to set up the regional settings as well as the date and time settings. To set up the regional settings, click the "site timezone and first date of week settings" link or go to "Configuration => Regional and language => Regional Settings". And to set up the date and time settings, go to "Configuration => Regional and language => Date and time". I'm going to leave the timezone settings as they are, but I'll change the date formats to the ones most commonly used where I live.
And finally, to confirm that the FullCalendar library is installed correctly:
- Go to "Reports => Status report" (admin/reports/status)
- If the row for "FullCalendar plugin" is green, you are good to go. If it is red, the plugin is not properly installed.
In the next video, we will create a content type for events, and create a few events for demonstration purposes in this series.