Published: Wed, 09/11/13
- Omega 3 vs. Omega 4
- No Layout Builder UI
- No predefined breakpoints
- No dependency on Omega Tools or need for Delta.
- Sass, Compass & SMACSS
- How does this work with Panels?
- Will this be the route going forward for D8?
- BEM class naming Syntax
- Core CSS Cleanup
- Easier to override
- Split up stylesheets
- Omega Layouts
- Development tools (Guard / Grunt, LiveReload, etc.)
- Manage assets (exclude CSS/JS, move JS to footer)
- Manage browser compatibility (Chrome Frame, conditional classes, etc.)
- Split up preprocess, process and theme functions
- Drush Integration
- drush help --filter="omega"
- What prompted the major overhaul?
- This reminds me of the conversation going on around D8 right now.
- How long can people keep using 3.x?
- What does this mean for site-builders?
- What does it mean for themers?
- How does Omega 4.x compare to other base themes like AdaptiveTheme and Aurora?
- When should we expect a stable release?